I have been a Whitney Houston fan for many years. I remember in Jr. High, participating in my school’s lyp sync contest & Whitney’s “How Will I Know” was my groups song choice, it beat the boy’s group hands down, their choice, Duran Duran, “Hungry Like a Wolf” 🙂 So much talent, that the nick name given to her was aptly, “The Voice”. I will never forget her performance of the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl and on and on I could go about the Whitney songs I love and the amazing vocal gift that was the background for many of my life’s memories.
I obviously have no personal knowledge of Whitney, her life or the circumstances of her death. Being an outsider looking in through the lense of the media and a fan of her voice and music is the only lense I have seen through, but from that vantage point, since hearing of her passing yesterday…
• I am reminded once again of the truth that the choices we make can have a profound effect on our lives, the lives of those who love us and even simply know of us.
• I am reminded that the company we choose to associate with will impact the people we become, so remember to choose wisely.
• I am reminded that we have a responsibility to use and take care of the gifts God blesses us with.
• I am reminded that we all have battles and hurdles to wrestle with and fight to overcome.
• I am reminded that one wrong choice may have lasting consequences; and I think most importantly,
• I am reminded that we, no matter, our age, race, social or economic status are all in need of God’s love and grace.
Thank You Whitney for the reminders and the beautiful musical memories. I pray that your soul has found peace and that the God of Peace will comfort those that will always love you.